For the love of Coconut Oil! Spread it, Eat it, Use it for everything!!!
Is there no end to the ways we can use this glorious oil? From Beauty & Baking to Bee Stings & Baby’s Bottoms, Coconut Oil is simply the BEST!
Read on and you’ll discover so many HealthPost customers’ favourite ways to use Organic Virgin Coconut Oil…
If you need Coconut Oil in your pantry now, you can purchase it from our secure online shop here: BioBalance Virgin Coconut Oil.
Coconut Oil uses
– “use as a butter/marg substitute on bread or toast, in cooking stirfry’s”
– “use it for cooking, skin and hair!”
– “Roast Veges, Oat Bars, Right off the spoon”
– making raw chocolate treats
– Great for energy / recovery before and after exercise. Coconut oil had me beat my own running times! Recommend!
– On sun burn or to moisturise
– takes the place of butter
– “To gently cook pancakes in, instead of butter”
– Coconut oil makes a devine Choclate Icing!! perfect consistency. Just melt a tablespoon or two in with your Chocolate Icing Mix with some boiling water. Your cake will look professional.
– as a moisteriser and for cooking
– In cooking and in my hair 🙂
– making home made cosmetics/body care
– In my morning smoothie or to make raw chocolate!!
– Bee stings and baking
– As an eye make-up remover – works perfectly!!!
– Eating it straight from the jar.
– In Samoa recently enjoyed a delicious Coconut Oil Salad Dressing which I’m very keen to recreate!
– “Love to rub the oil in my hair, cover hair with a plastic bag and marinate. Hair smells of the oil for a time after and is divine.”
– “face and body moisturiser, in cooking and baking, to sooth skin irritations”
– “in a smoothie together with yoghurt, Bio Balance spirulina powder, Bio Balance Vit C, cottage cheese and Omega 3 oil. Yummm!!!”
– As a hair treatment.
– “spread on my bagel, it lessens my wheat intolerance, so I can enjoy one bagel a week.”
– “great cooking oil, directly on my skin, in my hair overnight if it is dry”
– “I love to use coconut oil after being in the sun or swimming. I also use it to massage cracked heels, especially after a day at the beach. The smell always reminds me of tropical holidays in Fiji.”
– “If there is a small amount of coconut oil left in the jar , I like to put the closed jar into my bath ,to melt it then rub into my skin afterwards, For baking I melt coconut oil and add to my flaxseed flatbread mix, Coconut oil is a base ingredient for many of my home made beauty recipes, and I saute onions and garlic in coconut oil for all cooking in which the recipe calls for oil. A wonder product!”
– “I use coconut oil as part of my mid-afternoon snack to keep my energy going. I mix chocolate protein powder with a little water to make a paste, and then stir in a big teaspoon of coconut oil (perfect texture at this time of year) until it is smooth. Put it in the fridge for 1/2 hr or eat as is, a delightful tasty healthy treat :)”
– As a bath oil.
– “skin moisturier, plus makes great roast potatoes or chips”
– I use it in cooking now that we are on a dairy free diet for our son 🙂
– “Mixed with rolled oats as a face mask, makes my face so soft and smooth”
– As an all over body moisturizer
– “Have only just received some from Healthpost, and have just put it on Freiyas bread with tomato, cucumber and sometimes some herbs and avocado….very yum.”
– Shaken together with cider vinegar as a dressing
– on my hair
– “I like to make massage bars! â˜º Just heat equal parts coconut oil, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil and beeswax in a double boiler or in the microwave until melted. Pour into soap, candy or silicone bakeware molds-I got the pretty flower ones at The Warehouse- and allow to cool until solid. Flexible molds make removal easiest. Pop into the freezer for a few minutes before removing. For best results allow bars to harden for one week before use. Soft enough to use as a massage bar. Optional extras–V”
– absolutely everything especially my favorite fudge recipe
– I add a teaspoon to my morning smoothie. It adds a coconut flavour and its healthy
– I rub it on my skin……hmmmmm…I just love it
– “LOVE Coconut, any way I can, (especially in chocolate) – lovely on skin and hair”
– “Tossed through baby greens when melted and sprinkled with desiccated coconut when cooked,Yum !!!!”
– “It is wonderful on the skin for eczema, especially on my wee boy. Helps keep the skin soft :-)”
– On the outside for smooth skin and for a yummy curry within
– Massage oil
– moisturise skin
– As a moisturiser
– I use it in the frypan…in the dogs food…massage into the dogs skin…my skin…as a sun oil…after bath oil…heel balm….cuticle oil….on my hair
– I eat it with my breakfast
– I love adding coconut oil to my coffee and use for cooking absolutely everything.
– “Cooking, hair conditioner”
– Toasting muesli
– “in smoothies, on my whole body and face for moisturiser, to wash my mouth out in the morning!”
– Hot oil scalp/ treatment. Leaves your hair moisturised and oh so soft.
– “eat 1 tsp a day just off the spoon, I just love it. so good for you.”
– “making lipbalm, cooking, my skin”
– moistourize scalp
– straight out of the jar!
– “As an amazing pre-shampoo hair treatment that moisturises and makes hair super shiny. Smells divine, too!”
– On a sandwhich as a replacement for butter.
– smothered on body after a shower
– Coconut oil is being used to help Alzheimers patients with good success. See book by Dr Mary T Newport. Also check out using for oral mouth cleanse. it is great for cooking and is very good for you in general.
– “Coconut oil is simply gorgeous for the skin, improving dryness, dermatitis, and all so much cheaper than the cosmetics claiming to do the same thing.”
– After my evening bath I luxuriate in the fragrance of the tropics by melting a knob in my hot hands and massaging all over – simply devine and if I close my eyes I am in the tropics with a tanned native applying the oil!!!
– With chicken and veges for lunch and in my hair
– in the bath – makes skin so soft and smooth
– a teaspoon in a cup of green tea 🙂
– Fastastic to put a little bit into rice while cooking
– hair mask
– When making bliss balls
– Tanning Lotion @ keeps skin beautifully supple.
– “On my hair, makes it feel lovely and soft and shiny.”
– I use coconut oil for my hair mask treatment. Only leave it on for about 10 mins before washing your hair. It makes your hair soft and smooth.
– “in apple cider hot drink with honey, as a cooking oil, as a night creme, and a tsp for a sore throat”
– Melted and added to a smoothie.
– I love to use it to make primal snack bars…Delicious
– As a conditioner for dry hair.
– used to use it on babies bottoms baby is now 34
– “I massage it on my skin to pamper those cells with natural enrichment. My family love it too especially on sunburn, it just disappears. I love it in my biscuits, naturally good for you.”
– “cooking, baking, skin care (cleanser/make-up remover), moisturiser, hair treatment, sun block/tanning oil(no sunburn & good for your skin) overall its just soooo amazing and good for everything!!”
– I like to use it for burns and for removing eye makeup.
– I put it in my dogs’ food to prevent flaky skin and improve their coats.
– “In soups, my morning smoothie”
– “I use it for all manner of things including keeping my skin looking young, sofe and pliable. Great when the grandchildren need some TLC on cuts or abrasions also”
– It’s a great hair conditioner.
– “I use it on my face, as is all natural with no nasties.”
– For spreading on the outer side of sandwiches to be ‘toasted’
– i like to rub into my skin! It is brilliant!
– “Just eating it by the spoonful! Also any cooking, and on the skin.”
– Tired and dull hair left on overnight will help repair and rejunenate.
– Every way is favourite from swishing to cooking to putting on the skin. there is no better or easier way to keep healthy and good looking
– I used a few drops of coconut oil in my babys mouth when she was a few months old and had thrush in her mouth. The thrush was gone after a couple of days.
– I love putting it into my smother almond milk sesame seeds table spoon of almond butter why powder table spoon of coconut milk cinnamon 2x dates Vinnila flax seeds then ice to finish it off frozen banana divine packed with PROTINE fibre good fats taste perfect
– Deodorised coconut oil is fantastic in my gluten free sesame cracker recipe. It means they are also lactose free so all my family can eat and enjoy them.
– As a face moisteriser
– “cooking, and beauty!”
– “if hair/scalp is dry, massage in coconut oil, wrap hair/head in gladwrap, leave for an hour, and then wash out as normal”
– I love to use it in my hair as it gives it a wonderful shine and makes it feel soft and smooth. I use it on my skin as a moisteriser. It brings back memories of being a kid and mum would put it on to get a tan(we dont do that these days) Now I know I can use it on bee stings as well xcelent
– 2 Tbs in rice pudding and porridge and 1Tbs for oil pulling.
– for all purposes
– using it Indian dishes
– “I massage a level tablespoon of coconut oil into my hair before washing & leave it in for about 15mins. Coconut oil not only conditions hair, it also acts as a sunscreen too. Massage into hair about 15 mins before washing, then wash hair as usual. A light film of the coconut oil will have coated each hair shaft leaving hair soft, shiny & sun protected.”
– Add it to your green smoothies – adds a tropical taste.
– great for good skin
– “I love to use it as an all-over body moisturiser, as well as cooking with it.”
– keeping skin moisturised especially after exposure to the sun
– add 1 teaspoon to my porrige
– We use it as a body oil. My little 9 month old and I.
– “Put it on cuts, scrapes & bruises.”
– “Make-up remover, hear treatment, moisturizer, cooking/baking”
– “protein slice, on toast”
– “Mixed with almond meal, almond butter and 70% cocoa chocolate in to little snack sized balls to make delicious, healthy treats!”
– lovely fresh skin – soothes psorisis wonderfully
– “Coconut oil, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways… in my porridge, in my tea, on my skin, on toasts, with Cocoa Pops (delicious!) or straight off the spoon… I’m a coconut oil addict!”
– As a hair treatment
– “I use it on my skin and then have a spoonful, this has helped my psoriasis. I also use it in my cooking, am yet to try in my smoothie”
– “Oil cleansing method, hair mask, makeup remover and moisturiser – its magic!”
– Clean eating cooking
– in cooking and on skin
– “My partner uses it in her hair, and we use for our smoothies and cooking its great!”
– I love to cook with it as it can be reheated without producing harmful free radicals. (Pretty good to massage with too!)
– Definantly on my hair and as a night-time face mask!
– I suffered for two years with pain during intercourse and no doctor or specialist had been able to help. Coconut oil as a lubricant fixed the problem!! I know many women suffer the same problem and often wonder if the (chemical?) ingredients in some of the commercial lubricants are causing the problem.
– I love to use it when I am stirfrying asian vegetables with a sprinkling of organic sesame seeds.
– I use it for baking to replace butter when baking for my SIL who is dairy intolerant.
– “I love smoothing it through the ends of my hair. I dye it, so my hair gets dry and a bit crunchy. Coconut oit helps smooth the ends.”
– For a good massage and for dry skin.
– A tea spoon in my morning cup of coffee. Mmmmm
– “on my face and body after a shower, cooking and on bread instead of butter”
– “Straight from the jar, into my mouth!”
– “In Mexico, they cooked their vegetables and fish in extra virgin coconut oil and it all had such a lovely flavour that you almost didn’t need any other seasoning. At home here in New Zealand to duplicate that flavour I cook chicken breast and white fish using a similar recipe: melt some coconut oil in a saucepan, add some fine chopped garlic and some coconut flakes. Spread all over chicken or fish and bake. Delicious!”
– On my face and also stir frys
– “Apart from me using it for many things, I give it to my dog who is prone to skin rashes in hot weather – it disappeared in days, it has many other added benefits including an extra glossy coat”
– Added to a whey protein smoothie + berries + banana after exercise.
– “As a teeth cleener…and a mouth wash, swish it around for as long as you can and it kills off the bad stuff and helps with the plaque.”
– “I haven’t used it yet, I’m hoping to be able to if I win this prize.”
– “Using it to make grawnowla (raw granola), spreading on toast with marmite and mixing with raw peanut butter!”
– Cooking curries! 🙂
– “My favourite use of coconut oil is to make homemade lotion bars and body lotion. It’s great because it stays firm, but quickly melts when it touches your skin. Mixing it with bees wax is the perfect combination.”
– Body moisturiser – especially good after shaving your legs!
– “cook and bake with it instead of butter, put on your hair, your body, just eat it of the spoon, no restrictions on its uses, just wonderful!!!!”
– I have never used it to be truthful but have heard such good things about it I can’t wait to try some!
– Its excellent to rub on the face before soaping and shaving. Makes for a smoother quicker shave and prevents skin irritation.
– browning stewing steak as coconut oil has the added benefit of clearing psoriasis which is due to faulty metabolism of fats
– I’ve always used it for skin care
– “I have used virgin coconut oil for quite a while. As well as using it in my baking and bread making, I use it for frying food and add it to meats in my slow cooker. I also use it on my ski. With using the oil internally and externally, I do not get sunburned as I used to. I am fair skinned by the way.”
– Skin and scalp conditioning; cooking Indian and Thai dishes. I am also currently using it with my dog after surgery: it helps heal the skin around the stitches and swelling. She is all eager when I fetch the coconut oil jar – she finds it so soothing!
– I add it to smoothies and for cooking amaranth
– “on bread instead of butter, natural doderant,on my skin”
– to have a head and hair massage with coconut oil is a millions dollar worth of experience and relaxation
– face and lips. I love it
– Goes really well with coconut cookies
– As a body lotion – makes you edible
– “It makes a lovely simple salal dressing – just mix with vinegar, honey and salt and pepper to taste.”
– In and on everything – Yummy on the inside and yummy on the outside 🙂
– massage oil and all my cooking in place of any other oil
– “baking, wok, toasted muesli, crumble”
– Moisturiser but am keen to try it internally for digestive aid
– “I am told by my hairdresser that I have really healthy, lustrous hair and my secret is coconut oil…by taking just a tiny amount, such as what fits on the back of my fingernail, I warm it in my hands and rub it into my wet hair after washing. It protects and nourishes my hair while I dry it and makes it more manageable too. lail, fingernail”
– “cooking, frying ect”
– “Many ‘favorite’ ways! Delicious spread on hot toast, best for frying [with no stong taste] and a wonderful face cream, body lotion … I almost clean the windows with it!!!”
– I use it as a moisturiser after every shower
– I use coconut oil for everything…but most of all I looooooooove making vegan ‘cheesecake’ with it. Using either tofu or soaked cashews with agave or other sweetener. Then blend it up with coconut oil…YUM!
– as massage oil
– Indian appetisers. Gives a great phantom flavour!
– in the bath
– Lip balm
– “curing cradle cap on my grandson, using as a skin moisturiser for myself,”
– Used to slowly roast my home-made muesli making it even more yummy and nuturitious and straight on my wet hair to add extra moisture
– cooking stirfrys
– “in baking, i.e. Chocolate alternative using Coconut Oil – extremely healthful”
– “Cooking roast veges, moisturiser for hands and face!”
– Cooking especially stirfrys
– “roasting my veges, in my dry hair and grandsons cradle cap, in my baking instead of butter, daughters excema”
– Roasted with kumara and on toast with honey
– In your hair when its dry to stop fly away hair
– “It stops my indigestion in its tracks. Soon as I feel an indigestion attack coming on, I take some coconut oil. Indigestion goes away almost immediately. I no longer need to take Zantac.”
– cooking and skin
– I like to use it as an oil replacement when cooking. Great for skin too!
– To put on my hair
– “It’s delicious as a spread on salad sandwiches,and also great for my skin and hair.So many other uses too!”
– “skin,hair,havent tried it in any food but I gonna”
– I lke to use it on my face after being on the beach and to moisturise my hair. It makes a nice cake filling with some icing sugar
– Frying and on it’s own by the spoonful!
– “As a body Moisturiser, beautiful.”
– As an ingredient in a dipping sauce with a bread.
– “My husband loves it rubbed onto his back, which is prone to rashes in summer; it soothes and stops the skin flaking, plus it is a good excuse to get a nice back massage :)”
– Love cooking and baking with coconut oil. Great as a moisturizer. Eat it straight from the jar. Wonderful detox!
– “a skin moisturiser. On sunburn. In smoothies, creamy and good for you.a pet supplement.”
– cooking / frying
– “Coconut oil is new to me, but Hubby loves coconut soap”
– melt it down and add essential oils then use as moisturiser and deoderant
– “I use this as a treatment in my hair, On my skin for extra moisturising and to cook with instead of other oils”
– A little drop on my hands and then rubbed through my hair (which is very thick and coarse) works wonders for managability and shine.
– “In our hair, on our skin, for tinea in toes, plus cooking of course”
– “I use it in gluten free scones, fry with it, use on my skin etc, etc.”
– I use it in baking and also as a moisturizer. Now I’m going to try some other uses from the ides below 🙂 I love organic products and I love coconut!
– Eat it
– “A tablespoon a day keeps my skin looking good. It is also used as a skin cream, massage balm for our kids. It is all I use and fantastic.”
– Using it in my home made breads…
– Strawberry and Coconut Oil Smoothies
– “On my skin especially my hands, I’m a cleaner and they get a hard time.”
– “Massage half a teaspoon of Coconut Oil on my head after shower. There has been a regrowth of hair on parts of my head. Two desert spoons in my hot milk, with weetbix each morning. At 85 years old I am sure it has given me a lot more energy – “”Get up and go feeling!”””
– Great for baking – lovely flavour!
– Have only used it on my skin….so far. Look forward to using it in some smoothies and cooking now that I’m changing my eating habits.
– Add it to a favourite hot beverage
– fabulous on skin rashes and clears up itchy scalp
– melt the coconut oil and massage into hair wrap hair in towel and leave in your hair for an hour then wash hair as normal
– “Oil pulling, massage”
– Cooking my breakfast omelette in
– definitely when cooking asian dishes
– “In a Stir Fry to give it that “”Special”” Island Flavour”
– Tanning Lotion @ keeps skin beautifully supple.
– “Melt 2tbsp with 2tbsp honey then add to raw cashews, dates and chia seeds that have been chopped fine and blended in a food processor. Smooth out in a biscuit tray and refrigerate. Cut into squares and enjoy as slice….Yum!!!”
– Cooking chicken in coconut oil is the best! Such a sweet flavour and so good for you. Put some in your hair while the chickens cooking for lovely smooth silky hair 😀
– “On my hair, skin & nails”
– “this product was my must have as a new mum, when I opened a new jar, some would be for the pantry some for nappy balm and most importantly the jar for me which is the best natural cure I have found for thrush in the breasts whilst breasfeeding, it’s safe for the newborn to ingest!”
– To massage my fave wrinkles!
– “I’ve never used coconut oil but having recently started running (in my late forties) I like the below comment that said it “”had me beat my own running times””. Also really want to try the coconut oil in my frizzy hair!!!! Anything cocnut semlls absolutely devine!!!!!!”
– “making biscuits, moisuriser for dry skin”
– In my smoothies / on my hair at night / as a cleanser & mosituriser / for my cat – she loves it!
– “Coconut and white chocolate cookies – replacing butter with coconut oil, delicious!”
– Cooking and Massage
– Cooking and for skin moisturiser
– use it on toast and for stirfrying!!!!
– Put it on sunburn (once you’re inside though – not while out in sun!!)
– “ingesting,hair treatment, the only oil for cooking at a high heat!”
– “I love to melt it gently in a fry pan then add a handful of pumpkin seeds. Toast these for up to 5 minutes then throw in a handful of Karengo Fronds (seaweed) and toast fora minute more. This salty condiment is amazing on any meal – salad, mash, rice, fish etc…”
– In my smoothie for breakfast 🙂
– on sunburn to moisturise
– “Mixed in with my morning muesli, cinnamon and milk :)”
– for beauty
– I use it in my rice eg fried rice or a rice curry. Coconut oil enhances the coconut milk which I add to my rice dishes. Yum
– “a spoonful of melted oil – good for the health, and as mouth gargile as a mouthwash sustitute”
– “I use it to make raw chocolate, so healthful and delicious. Plus it is fantastic for frying curry spices, garlic and onion in when making vegetarian curries.”
– What a beautiful all-over body moisturizer-would love it
– Just about anyway I used butter 🙂 I like to substitute with coconut oil:) oh and it makes a great hair tonic!!!
– mix in with my hot milo for a coconutty chocolatey taste
– “I’ve never used it, but it certainly sounds interesting!!”
– baking and stir fry
– Haven’t used it before but it sounds great!
– I combined it with neem oil and citronella oil for an effective repellant against malaria mosquitos!
– “Fried tuna steaks in coconut oil is the best, otherwise eating it straight from the bottle does the trick.”
– “Cooking, massage”
– “Deep frying chips, and on sunburn.”
– for my partner’s wetsuits
– “cooking and ptting in hair as conditioner after washing, rubbing on my gm when infected.”
– Great for cooking stir fry veges. Makes a good skin moisteriser for your legs.
– It is great in my morning smoothie! I also use it in cooking and baking…replacing portions of the butter and oil. Not only is it good for you but it tastes great.
– “I use it in my bran muffins, i can use about half the oil the recipe recommends, and some plain yoghurt, it makes the muffins smell devine when cooking and the taste is so much nicer”
– In a smoothie or mixed with my morning museli
– “I use coconut oil every night as a moisturiser for my face, neck and eye area. It’s fantastic, suitable for any skin type. I wouldn’t use anything else now.”
– “skin, hair to de-frizz and cooking fish”
– To make my healthy decadent chocolate fix 🙂
– I swallow a teaspoon per day for my health and I rub it on my skin daily – fantastic stuff
– “I Eat it, rub it on and cook with it – not much you can’t do with it!!”
– Stir fries and other cooking esp. fritters
– I give it to my cats and stops them getting furballs
– It’s the best natural treatment for my dry hair
– Totally awesome on my skin and a hint of it on my hair.I dont just smell like summer but my hair shines as well.I also use it when i am cooking…great to rub thick cut chips with it then salt it or chilli powder them and bake in the oven.
– For moisturising baby skin
– skin and hair
– I have never tried it….
– As a conditioning treatment for my hair
– I love it in baking and roasting vegetables
– Mixed with metled chocolate as an ice cream topping that hardens yummy. It is also the best for massages
– “I use it in bliss balls (healthy & sweet carob balls), for frying onions at a higher temperature and as a moisturizer. Awesome stuff!”
– I use it to make an amazing lip balm along with organic beeswax and olive oil.
– On kids impetigo(school sores)
– In a smoothie
– Cooking and for my skin and hair!
– I use it in raw food recipes processed with nuts and seeds as when the mixture has been pressed and cooled it all holds together perfectly!
– “we have several, 1.. cooking only oil i use now. 2..we have a jar in the bathroom we use it for a moisturiser , shaving oil , and we also have a teaspoon handy for our daily dose , i also have put it in chocolate to make my chocolate nice and smooth for pop cakes … basically we love the stuff xx”
– Love coconut oil on grainy toast with marmite and in my smoothies! Yum!!!
– “Body scrub made with coconut oil, sea salt and favourite essential oils”
– use instead of butter in my chocolate fudge… christmas recipe 🙂
– “Spread it, Eat it, Use it for everything!!!”
– “I often put it in coffee, and use it all over my skin, use it in cooking as well!”
– Love it on my porridge in the morning gives a lovely taste and so good for you.
– “I have replaced butter and oil for coconut oil! I melt a shot glass full and use in a salad, I spread it on Ryvita and will eat it off the spoon if I feel a cold coming on. I have used coconut oil in place of nappy cream for my baby and use it as a moisturizer on myself! I love coconut oil!!!”
– “Two teaspoons in my protein shake, slathered on my skin, lips and hair before bed, instead of oil in the fry pan good for pancakes, chicken and more xx”
– all over body and hair moisturiser 🙂
– Using it as a body moisturiser. Love the scent!
– “I use a tablespoon-full in my porridge, delicious. Also in smoothies and as a body moisturiser. A bit TMI, but a health use is it is great to soothe and heal hemmorroids.”
– As a skin and hair conditioner also a food supplement
– “After my shower I use it as a body moisturizer, it feels sooooooo good :)”
– “My 7 month old babe has had a blocked tear duct from birth. Sometimes the skin around her eye gets irritated from the eye weapies and coconut oil helps to sooth and heal, all while being safe to use so close to her eye. It also makes eye crusties easy to remove, yay!”
– “Before bathing the doggie, apply to fur, helps with itching and makes coat super smooth not to mention smells pleasant for doggie & me!”
– Coconut oil is my absolute favourite product…
– “Where to start… as a body moisturiser, a ‘sexy-time’ lubricant; deodorant; to cook with; in smoothies; to oil the chopping board, one of the ingredients in home-made sunscreen, face scrub and bath oil…; also, just started using it for tooth pulling (instead of toothpaste), the list goes on….”
– “Mixed with sweet almond & apricot kernel oil, as a hair mask to work while I sleep!”
– “Coconut oil is my absolute favourite product… My husband makes soap out of it and I use it as a moisturizer, deoderant, toothpaste and hair-defrizzer. I even use it to remove makeup. We cook ‘in’ it and ‘with’ it, my children prefer it to butter as a spread and I use it in nearly every meal. AMAZING STUFF”
– “I love it in my coffee, one cup of coffee with 2tbsp coconut oil and 1tsp unsalted butter blended to make a creamy delicious coffee. Also use it to scramble my eggs each morning.”
– for my hair
– “I use it for oil-pulling to remove toxins from my body, as a deodorant, eye-gel, in Indian curries and in my hot chocolate.”
– as a spread to replace butter
– “I use it as a treat on my skin. It’s great, melts in the palm of your hand and massages in.”
– “As a spread instead of butter, add tsp to green tea, porridge etc, use as cooking oil, treatment for hair, body lotion. I wouldn’t be without coconut oil”
– daily on my face and if cooking with oil: the only oil I use 🙂
– Rubbed on legs as a natural moisturiser
– “For my kids!! On babies bums, toddlers stings, big boy bruises!!!”
– I like to use it as a skin moisturiser
– use it for body moisterising everyday and wow it cures rashes quckly
– on my skin
– We love to use coconut oil when we make chocolate pudding with avocados and cacao. We also add it to our fruit smoothies to add extra health benefits and make them extra yummy! ; )
– “Cooking and my wife uses it for face creme ,hair shine,sun protection,best stuff ever!”
– All over my skin – especially when its fresh!
– “I use it in for cooking in place of oil. I also use it as a moisturiser. If I was stuck on a desert island, coconut oil would be the one necessity I would take!”
– apply it to clean skin use as a night moisturiser
– “in cooking, baking, skin moisturiser”
– “On my bump! Its great to keep away stretch marks, have used it both pregnancies and no stretch marks to show for it!”
– Added to black tea (Tleaf brand Cream Brulee flavoured tea).
– Cooking and putting it on your body
– cooking curries with coconut oil specially fish curry is the best
– for raw cakes and for frying pancakes
– making my own deodorant
– In my cooking and its good for my dry skin
– skin care and shallow frying/cooking
– “In cakes, muffins, to bake pancakes, eggs.”
– “apply directly to severely dry skin and eczema. It’s a fantastic moisturiser, is relieving and smells divine.”
– On my hair
– I love adding coconut oil to my fruit and vege morning smoothie. Use it in cooking. Add a teaspoon to milo. And coconut oil is so nice to use on my skin.
– Mixed with a small amount of water as an all over moisturiser
– “in Bullet-Proof coffee at breakfast, two tablespoons kickstarts my day”
– “Stir fries, smoothies, puddings! I add a couple of tablespoons to my bath. I also use it to treat dry skin, as a hair conditioner or lip balm. But my most favourite way to use coconut oil is to make dairy free/gluten free CHOCOLATE!(In case anyone is interested, it’s 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder, 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil melted, almonds/any other filling and raw honey or stevia to taste if you’re using stevia add two TBSP of almond milk or water. Pour into moulds and pop in freezer”
– “baking, frying, spread on toast, roasting, hand cream”
– “in homemade energy bars and also as a body moisturiser, scrumptious!”
– “Smoothie:- 1/2 Banana 1/2 Avacado 1 cup milk (or alternative) 1 egg 2 teaspoons coconut oil 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence 2 teaspoons Chia seeds Lettuce / celery / cucumber Almond butter Stevia (if required) Put all in a blender, and blend well. (Yummy!!)”
– I have never used Coconut Oil before to win a free sample would be a great way of trying as it looks to have many uses thankyou for the chance to win this product
– “I have so many favourite ways it’s hard to list them all! I make our daily lotion, our daily deodorant and our daily toothpaste! They all feature coconut oil as a base. We use it also for itchy or dry skin and as a deep conditioner for hair. I make regular lunch-box treats for my children with a high percentage of coconut oil in them (and very low sugar) … it gives them great energy. I also have coconut oil daily in my coffee, as does my husband. Yum!”
– I love to eat it straight from the jar
– “Making homemade handcreams and lipbalms, great for eczema and sunburn! Perfect in homemade chocolate and yummy curries!!”
– “DRY SKIN BODY CREAM ¾ cup almond oil (or Olive, Apricot or any preference) 1/3 – ½ cup coconut oil 1 tab beeswax pieces 2/3cup rosewater (or any herb tea) 1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel Few drops rose oil (or any other) 2-4 Vit E capsules Melt oils & beeswax. Mix rosewater, aloe, oil & vit E. Whip this into oil mixture while still warm. Beat till well blended & cool.”
– Gorgeous in your hair leaving it feeling so healthy but also devine in an authentic Thai green curry So versatile 🙂 Love it
– as a once in a while total body essensual massage nourishing the whole body from top to toe 😉
– “baking, cooking, skin& hair.Making chocolate; melt about 1/2 a cupful & measure.Add equal quantities of almond meal &sun valley cocoa,a slosh of vanilla & mix.add as much dessicated or shredded coconut as you want & sweeten to your taste. I use stevia. Any nuts or dried fruit can be added.I also add cinnamon”
– Delicious vegetable and Prawn Stir Fry
– “moisturiser, hair, stir fry and smoothie!”
– Massage and moisturiser
– I use it for everything! I replace all oils or butter in my cooking & baking with coconut oil….love the flavour it gives and health benefits. I use it in the pan when making fritters and other fried goodies. And in smoothies – or just off the spoon! Not to mention a conditioner for my hair and skin! It would be one of my desert island musts!!….then again islands have coconuts… = )
– “I have never tried it before, but due to certain food intolerance’s in my family I am going totally Dairy, Wheat, Gluten and soy free and by the sounds of it you can use Coconut Oil for anything, so I would be very excited to win this to start us off!”
– As a moisturiser but my dog licks my legs when I wear it!
– “on my skin,feels amazing”
– At the moment I use it on my skin and hair and eat a spoonful daily but I should try some more creative ways too
– “in my black coffee, cooking stirfry’s, pan frying chicken thighs,”
– “As a moisturiser, sunscreen and skin repairer.”
– “I spread on my toast,eat it straight from the jar and have it in my hot drinks. Yum.”
– to moisturise and smell devine
– “On toast, topped with sliced banana. AND as a mask in my hair!”
– Wonderful skin moisturiser!
– “Meted into my quinoa, amaranth, millet and porridge.”
– “Muesli Bars, Butter chicken & Macaroons are just some of my favourite ways of using Coconut”
– Every aspect of cooking and food – its the best!
– smooth onto my skin
– I consume it like it is – straight out of the jar.
– “I can’t say I’ve ever used it, but I’m keen to try!”
– “As a moisturisor on my face I also use it to make up various potions like lip-salve, sunscreen, and even put it on my dry hair to make it shine”
– I love to use it as a lip balm 😀
– oil pulling because it keeps my gum clean and prevent scale on my teeth.
– “Cooking and for smooth and silky skin (Two seperate jars one kitchen, one bathroom)”
– As a mouthwash – it helps avoid cavities and gum disease
– On my body of course and as butter substitute
– “As a moisturizer, in the baby bath to help with baby’s eczema, as nappy rash cream.”
– Melt 2 tablespoons and add to berry fruit smoothies – Delicious!
– I have never used this before – but am very tempted by reading all the comments!! sounds like a very universal product :o)
– “to make luscious decadent raw desserts, tis the season after all .”
– in yummy Thai curries
– Previously cooking. After your ideas…who knows?
– On my hands
– As a spread.
– as an all natural moisturizer for my skin
– “on my skin, taking as a help for brain health, all cooking”
– as body moisturiser
– I use it on my face as a moisturiser!
– “body moisturiser, in a thickshake”
– I love to use in cooking and for my.skin and hair :o)
– I love to cook thai food with it and use it on my legs for a moisturiser.
– In fring vegetables and on my body
– In the pan to cook our Protein Pancakes every morning!
– As a hair and body oil
– i havnt trried this yet but i love the smell or the coconut and would wash my hair with it and cook with it and eat it in fact i would use it for everything i could mmmmmm yummy
– “All cooking, great in bliss balls, and as a moisturiser”
– melted in my breakfast
– “Hair Musk once a week, your hair will look shiner, softer in 4 weeks.”
– Cooking stir fry and steaks and use it for salad dressing as well as a lubricant for anything that sqeeks!! 🙂
– “I have recently started Oil Pulling (http://www.be-healthy-with-coconuts.com/oil-pulling-with-coconut-oil.html), I do it 1st thing in the morning and it seems to be making a very positive difference to my wellbeing”
– for my hair
– Make chocolate
– in baking
– Fresh Salads
– “I eat it, use it on my skin, hair and use it in my cooking! Greatest oil to use.”
– “topping up my conditioner with melted oil, baking chocolate cake”
– “Coconut oil is my favourite thing ever! I use it on my skin to get rid of blemishes, i use it in cooking and i LOVE using it as a face moisturiser evey night before bed. You can LITERALY do ANYTHING with it”
– Body moisturiser. In baking just melt first. Teaspoon in hot drink. Great for frying all meats and pancakes.
– coconut oil and a few other indregredients makes a wonderful melted chocolate to dip those fresh strawberrys in
– “Chocolate truffle balls instead of butter, or in smoothies, cooking pancakes in.”
– “as a skin moisturiser, especially my eyelids, as a hair treatment, soothing sunburn, cooking esp thai or anything with coconut and also on my dogs flaky skin- rubbed it into her back.”
– a big spoonful in my daily spirulina smoothie
– I haven’t used coconut oil so I would love to try it.
– I use coconut oil on my dry skin area
– As a body lotion and in cooking
– “on bread, cooking, in smoothies every morning”
– Tofu Ice Cream!
– On my skin and in my baking products 🙂
– “We use it for everything but 2 of my favorites are as a skin moisturiser especially for sunburn, dont often peel when using coconut oil. In our morning smoothies, melt about a tablespoon of oil and wizz into the smoothie…yum”
– for frying fish in fresh ginger
– Cooking- so many ways to use this wonderful product.also body moisturiser and facial cleanser
– I use it on my hair for a deep conditioning treatment
– “In paleo snack bars, as a cooking oil, and for the dry ends of my hair.”
– on my skin and hair!
– …as the secret ingredient for fantastic buckwheat pancakes! melt and add to batter. yum!
– To hydrate and soften my hair
– “to fill a baked potatoes with coconut oil, garlic and chives”
– “Great as a massage oil, adds a yummy flavour to baking when used instead of butter or other oil, great for a face and all over body moisturiser.”
– “frying, and dry skin”
– “On my skin, and to eat after exercise :)”
– “As a hair oil, massage oil and cooking”
– “after you’re 50… it makes sex possible again,girls…”
– I love to put a spoonful in a cup of herbal tea first thing in the morning!
– “As a spread on toast, on my eyelashes to hold curl, in my salad for dressing, as a hair mask, as cooking oil on the pan, in my smoothies, on my skin as a balm for dehydration – especially after I’ve been in the sun.”
– “coconut oil makes an excellent oil for cooking especially Asian and Indian cuisines, it heats nicely and it also gives a nice taste to food and is also good for you. Coconut oil also is great for hair, as a skin cleanser and a moisturiser so it is good for the outside and inside of our bodies. Coconut oil is also a gentle wood cleaner and is good for cleaning furniture, just a little is needed as it melts and spreads so it goes a long way. Coconut oil is a fantastic all round oil.”
– “i use nothing but coconut oil as a face moisturiser, morning and night”
– “to grease the frying pan, as a moisturizer on arms legs and neck, to clean my teeth and soften plaque.”
– I use it in baking and as a binder for raw energy bars. Tastes delicious!
– rubbing coconut oil on my nails & cuticles works wonders on hard working fingers
– “I use it on my skin every day when I get out of the shower – it helps hugely with my psoriais, means I don’t need other moisterisers and does an amazing job.”
– “Fantastic toothpaste, mix with baking soda for a real good clean. It also is an antiseptic germ fighter so no need for dangerous mouthwashes!”
– “Spread over burgen with avocado, sliced mushroom, capsicum, cottage cheese and basil leaves! Also i use it as a daily body moisturiser from top to toe. On my scalp if i get a touch of dandruff. Loooove coconut oil.”
– A teaspoon a day – it’s yum and good for your system. Also use on my scalp when dry and as a body moisturiser after showering.
– “All of the above. It is a wonder food, moisteriser, slimmer, toxin remover and to boot keeps my heart, cholestrol, weight and eczema in check allowing a far better life.”
– Cook everything in it! Moisturise your skin. Put a tablespoon in your porridge for health benefits!
– using it to make hair masques/conditioners and shampoos!
– “Cooking with it, better than olive oil in my opinion.”
– “Combined with cacao, nuts and carob to make a chocolate treat”
– wonderful on feet! prevents cracking and athletes foot!!
– “Every morning and night I use only coconut oil on my face and body, also in fruit smoothies, and a dash on top of my morning expresso! Delicious!”
– “Coconut oil is great for removing make up, especially waterproof make up. Rub oil over make up for a couple of minutes and wipe off with a cloth/tissue then wash face as normal.”
– Use it in just about all cooking. Will now try it as a moisturiser.
– there are soooo many ways to use coconut oil but I love fresh fish pan fried in a bit or coconut oil YUM!
– I would love to try it as a hair treatment for very long hair
– “Coconut oil is my daily body moisturiser, I have not used anything else for months ann my skin is wonderfully hydrated and I have no more cracked heels.”
– “In a face mask, in your hair, and it’s one the best oils for cooking.”
– “Can be used instead of olive or rice bran oil for cooking. To clear the wax from the ears, heat a little coconut oil and a few cloves of crushed garlic for 5-10 minutes over a low flame until the garlic infuses into the oil. Put a few drops of this warm (not hot) garlic oil in the ear followed by a cottonball. The next day use a Q-tip to remove the wax build-up.”
– cooking pancakes in
– As a conditioner for dry hair. and good for my dogs hair too. plus I also add few drops to my bath. and its good for cracked heels.
– “For making energy, booster bliss balls”
– I mix it with some sunflower oil and a little lavender oil to make a beautiful moisturising body oil which I can even use on my face. Love.
– “use in biscuits instead other oils or butter, gorgeous aroma, and use it in stir fry”
– “as a body moisturiser, feed to our pets for their skin & fur, feed to me to help with weightloss, for cooking”
– “I use it for frying, chocolate icing AND rub it sometimes on my foot soles when they get a bit hard”
– “On a low heat melt a dessert spoon of coconut oil, add organic mince, chopped onions and a dessert spoon of tomato paste. Sprinkle on some organic dried herbs such as thyme, oregano, coriande, rosemary, turmeric, black pepper,.”
– “We have many ways but one way is, my husband and I use coconut oil as a skin moisturizer. On our face as well as arms and legs.”
– Add Lavendar eccestial oil and use daily as body/face cream
– Mixed with baking soda for awesome deodorant!
– “We use coconut oil for just about everything, from cooking, baking and eating straight from the jar, to moisturising, as a healing salve and sun protection (internal and external). My favourites are as a way to boost metabolism and as a teething oil for wee ones when mixed with a little clove bud oil :)”
– Great as a base for toothpaste.
– after shower moisturiser
– Fat/oil substitute in the frying pan..smoothies
– Cooking chicken curry and in cake icing!
– add to my dogs food – helps with their health
– “I love a talblespooful of coconut oil in my coffee and I use it as an all over moisturiser, hair treatment and sunburn remedy. I also mix it with baking soda and use instead of toothpaste and find it works well as a deodorant too. Oh yes and for cooking yum =)”
– “to revitalise nails & cuticles, uneven face skin tone, cracked heels, dry hair”
– I love putting it in smoothies. Gives it a nice consistency and flavour!
– “I rinse and dry a can of Chick Peas, put Cocnut Oil into a frypan with Cayenne Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Star Anise Powder (or any spices to suit). When heated, add the Chick Peas. Using Real Salt (plain or flavoured ) to taste. Very yummy. Take as a “”plate”” or make into a salad.”
– “Scrape out 1 desertspoon full, place it into your mouth unadulterated and leave it to melt in your mouth. Enjoy the lovely coconut after taste.”
– “I use it for my daughters eczema, she is only 4 and has a bad break out. All other creams and lotions sting on broken skin but the coconut oil is soothing and nourishing and can be applied often. We are so pleased we found this product. The other bonus is that it is relatively inexpensive.”
– Thai cooking and for my skin
– As a moisturiser after my morning shower and as an oil for cooking curries … delicious!
– “I cook with it, I use it on my body and face and baby, great stuff!”
– “hair, skin & used it for stretch marks prevention”
– definitely an awesome skin moisturizer
– i hav been mixing the coconut oil with himalayan salt crystals an use it as a body exfoliation for my massage clients and hot towelling it off
– To cook my Pikelets on a griddle. They cook evenly and are crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.
– I have heard that coconut oil is fantastic at killing the bacteria in the mouth. So after my children brush I get them to use coconut oil to coat their teeth!
– “I use coconut oil as a skin moisturiser, in my hair and in my food! It reminds me of living in the tropics and the smell that came from the coconut processing plant!”
– A spponful in Samoan koko along with a spoon of cacao butterr.
– To boost enery in a berry smoothie. YUMMY!!!!
– bake chocolate brownies with it
– “Eat it, face and body moisturerizer”
– baking especially muffins
– “My very favourite use of coconut oil – I come out of the shower or bath and massage this wonderful oil all over my body. I do not need to go to a massage therapist, as I am that therapist with coconut oil. Love it!”
– I give any surplus to my dog. Maddie can’t stop licking her lips afterwards. I’m sure it contributes to her health coat.
– as a moisteriser
– skin moisturizer
– I like it spread on organic Quiona/Flax cakes.
– “cooking, as a substitute to butter, massage, mouth wash…”
– Blended in a smoothies
– “I use coconut oil as a skin moisturiser, and in my porridge for breakfast. I have heard that it helps to lower cholestorol and will be interested to see if my next tests reflect that.”
– “After a shower for Tinea, have recommend this to friends and they had great results. It is the only thing that has worked on my feet.”
– “cooking,and on my skin.. love it!! :0)”
– “Coconut Oil makes a wonderful suntan lotion. It deeply moisturises & conditions the skin promoting a lovely, safe tan without sore, red sunburn. Sensible sunbathing precautions still apply.”
– “skin care, and making moisturiser bars I use coconut oil as part of the receipe! Beautiful”
– cooking and helps with my dry skin.
– asian cooklng
– on my 8 month olds skin makes him skin soft and smells delicious.
– “Makes the best chicken stirfry, plus a gloss for my hair – I just rub about half a tsp on my hands and rub it through my hair – keeps it very shiny.”
– i love to mix in choc la cure organic cacao powder into it as a snack yum
– “it has tamed my once frizzy hair, perfect for frying seeds and nuts for salads (and most other cooking) also lovely to make cacao nibs creamier!!”
– I have just started using it but so far use it with stif-fries
– “on my skin each day, once a week in my hair and as a night moistureiser on my face. Great!”
– hair conditioner
– “If Bear Grills can use it as sunscreen, then so can I!!!!”
– “Skin food, Whenever I need to fry, and of course on toast – super healthy yummyness”
– for cooking and also on the end of my hair
– love it as a hair moisterizer
– great for after sun skincare- especially at my age!
– “Helps my dry skin and just loving the smell of it, especially it keeps my skin nice and moist”
– combing out head lice from my childrens hair
– Instead of any cooking oil
– “Raw in sport smoothies, to cook poultry, healthy organic lubricant for the girlfriend”
– simply beautiful to use as an all over body treat <3
– it is a wonderful hair conditioner!
– on my face as a moisturiser!!
– In my porridge
– use it in everything and even on my skin
– To make scrambled eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!