This deliciously rich and healthier version of traditional chocolate truffles is the perfect guilt free Christmas treat, so you don’t need to feel bad about eating one or two…or maybe even three.
Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 20 large truffles
- 20 Medjool dates
- 4 TB cacao
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 TB coconut cream
- 4 TB coconut milk powder
1. Remove pips from dates and soak in boiling water for 10 minutes until softened, drain and blend into a smooth paste.
2. Transfer date paste to a medium bowl and sieve in cacao, almond meal and coconut milk powder. Add coconut cream and combine well.
3. Roll mixture into balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
4. Decorate by rolling truffles in chopped pistachios, freeze dried raspberry powder and cacao powder.
5. Store and enjoy straight from the freezer (this keeps them nice and chewy).