These all natural bath bombs are a beautiful homemade gift for friends and family, or even for yourself if you want a bit of pampering! Pop one in the bath and get ready to relax with the smell of essential oils and calming effect of Epsom salts.
- ½ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup citric acid
- ¼ cup cornflour
- ¼ cup Epsom salts
- 1 tsp BioBalance Cranberry Cleanse Powder or 1 tsp BioBalance certified organic Spirulina Powder
- 3 tsp castor oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 20 drops of essential oil (we used 10 drops Lavender, 10 drops Chamomile for one mixture, and 10 drops Lime, 10 drops Peppermint for the other!)
- Extra water, for mixing
- Dried lavender, for decorating (optional)
You will also need some round bath bomb or ice ball molds, or any other fun shaped molds of your choice.
- To a clean bowl, add baking soda, citric acid, cornflour and Epsom salts, and whisk to combine.
- In a small, separate bowl, add castor oil, water, your choice of essential oil, and either the BioBalance Cranberry or Spirulina powder, depending on your choice of colour. Mix well to combine.
- Add the coloured mixture to the dry ingredients a few drops at a time, and mix well until thoroughly combined and the colour is evenly distributed. The mixture should resemble wet sand and hold together when squeezed. If the mixture is too dry, slowly add extra drops off water and mix well until it holds.
- Spoon the bath bomb mixture and dried lavender (if using) into molds and press in firmly.
- Leave overnight to dry and harden before removing from the molds for best results.
Watch the video on how to make this recipe below!