- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 90g fresh ginger root, finely grated
Base for Lemonade:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups cold filtered still or sparkling water
- Ice for serving
- Sliced lemons for garnish
To make the Honey Ginger Simple Syrup:
1. Place the honey and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until honey is completely dissolved. Turn off heat and add the freshly grated ginger. Cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
2. Strain syrup through a fine mesh sieve, pressing hard on the ginger pulp, discarding the solids. Pour into a bottle or jar and chill until cold for about 1 hour. The syrup will keep in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
To make the Lemonade:
3. Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey ginger syrup to a large pitcher. Add cold water (more or less depending on how strong you like your lemonade). Add sparkling water once you are ready to serve it or simply add it into the bottle of soda/sparkling water and keep refrigerated
4. Pour lemonade over ice-filled glasses and top with a slice of lemon.