Jelly Gummies are very easy to make and an ideal protein rich snack to keep you going if you’re on the run, or in school lunches. The foundation of the recipe is 1 cup of liquid to 1.5 tablespoons of gelatin. These amounts will change depending on the texture of the gummies you prefer. If you want to make very chewy gummies, use 3 or 4 TB of gelatin to one cup of liquid. The liquid can be any flavour you like! Try this easy recipe if you haven’t made jelly gummies before.
- 1 cup boysenberries, raspberries or blueberries
- Juice of one lemon
- 1.5 TB Great Lakes Gelatin
- Thoroughly blitz the berries and lemon juice to a smooth liquid in a processor. Sieve the seeds out.
- Pour into a pot and add the gelatin.
- Heat until just simmering, whisking frequently.
- Take off heat and pour into silicon ice cube trays, moulds, or a rectangle dish.
- Place in the freezer for 15-30 minutes, then they are ready to eat.
- Store in the fridge.
Great Lakes Unflavoured Gelatin Collagen Joint Care is the purified protein derived by the selective hydrolysis of collagen from the skin, the connective tissue and/or bones of animals. Great Lakes Gelatin provides you with the highest types of pure unflavored edible gelatins. Buy it now from our secure online shop.