Jellies are so fun and easy to make, not to mention delicious! This one in particular combines sweet and tangy mango with rich creamy coconut making a healthy, tropical treat. There are so many possibilities when it comes to jellies – we would love to see your creations. Share yours on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram @HealthPostNZ.
Prep time: 15 min
Set time: 1 hour
- 2 large mangoes
- 3 TB Gelpro Australia Peptipro Beef Gelatin
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ lemon, zest & juice
- 1½ TB Gelpro Australia Peptipro Beef Gelatin
1. Peel, chop and blend mangoes into a smooth paste. Add to a small saucepan and heat on medium until just starting to bubble. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in 3 TB gelatin.
2. Pour mango mixture into silicone molds or dish, filling only ½ way. Place in refrigerator to set.
3. Add coconut cream, lemon juice and zest to a small saucepan and heat on medium until just starting to bubble. Remove from heat and add in remaining 1 ½ TB gelatin.
4. Once mango layer has set, pour in coconut layer and return to refrigerator.
5. Once set, remove from molds or cut into pieces and enjoy. Keep leftover jellies refrigerated and eat within a few days.