Buckwheat, despite the name, is a wheat and gluten-free food. High in fibre, magnesium and a good source of protein, buckwheat makes a tasty and nutritious addition to any meal. For a delicious breakfast, or even an on-the-go snack, try this buckwheat granola recipe by our holistic nutritionist, Lena Fischer.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 5 cups
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp Vanilla paste
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups buckwheat grouts
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Zest form 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- Place buckwheat and slivered almonds onto a baking tray and drizzle over coconut honey mixture and cinnamon; mix together with a rubber spatula, spreading evenly.
- Toast mixture for 15-20 minutes tossing at the half way mark. With 2 minutes to go, add in coconut and lemon zest and return to the oven to finish.
- Let cool and store in a jar or sealed container.
- Serve with yoghurt or milk and your favorite fruit. Also great for topping smoothie bowls or simply as a delicious crunchy snack.