These banana muffins are a great healthy alternative to traditional refined sugar-laded lunchbox baking. Naturally sweetened with dates and honey, you would never guess that they don’t have any added sugar in them. In addition, they are full of healthy fats and protein to make a nourishing morning or afternoon tea snack.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 20 min
Makes: 10 medium muffins
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3 large eggs, beaten
2 TB honey (optional)
4 TB cashew butter
1TB coconut oil
2 cups ground almonds
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
6 large dates, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, and grease or line a muffin tray.
2. Combine all ingredients (except dates and walnuts) in a blender or food processor.
3. Fold in chopped walnuts and dates, keeping some aside for decoration (optional).
4. Spoon mixture into muffin tin, until batter comes just to the rim. Top each muffin with reserved chopped walnuts and dates, and pop in oven.
5. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. The muffins are done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Lasts for up to 3 days in an airtight container.