These aren’t your typical afghan biscuits! Including reishi and chaga powder, this gluten and dairy free raw version is just one way you can include functional mushrooms into your everyday diet.
Total Time: 30 minutes
10 Medjool dates
4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp cacao powder
1 ½ cups ground almonds
1 Tbsp SuperFeast Chaga powder
¼ tsp vanilla paste
pinch of salt
½ cup slivered almonds
2 Tbsp coconut oil, semi softened
2 Tbsp cacao powder
4 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp SuperFeast Reishi powder
16 walnut halves
- De-pip and soak the dates in warm water until softened.
- Combine the coconut oil, cacao powder, ground almonds, SuperFeast Chaga powder, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Drain the dates and add to food processor, pulsing until well combined.
- Transfer the afghan mix to a medium bowl and add in slivered almonds. Knead through with hands until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 16 balls and place onto a lined tray. Gently press with 2 fingers to flatten into a cookie shape.
- To make the ganache, combine the softened coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder with SuperFeast Reishi powder in a small bowl stirring until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon of ganache on top of each afghan and press a walnut half on top.
- Set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Shop our full range of functional mushrooms online.