This delicious and creamy slice using Misty Day Bliss and Zen is a healthy take on a sweet treat that’s bound to stand out.
Prep time 6.5 hours (soaking time + Freezing time)
Time: 30 min
- 3 cups cashew nuts, soaked for 5 hours
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp Misty Day Zen
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
1. Cover cashew nuts with filtered water and set aside for 5 hours or overnight (this makes for a smoother/creamier filling).
2. Cover dates with hot water and let soften for approximately 10-15 minutes.
3. Once dates are softened add to food processor with remaining base ingredients and pulse until well combined.
4. Press base mix into the bottom of a lined slice tin and refrigerate.
5. Meanwhile drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add to a high-speed blender with remaining filling ingredients. Blend on high until a smooth mousse like texture is reached.
6. Pour the filling over base and spread evenly. Place into the freezer for 1 hour.
7. For the icing, melt coconut oil in a small pan on low heat with rice malt syrup. Sift in cacao and combine. Let cool slightly and then pour over filling. Place back into the freezer for another 30 minutes until set.
8. This slice can be stored and enjoyed from the freezer – take out and let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Note: Cut slice with a sharp, warmed knife.